Leadtek Geforce4 Ti 4400 & Gigabyte 7N400PRO2

NialM

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2001
Hi all,

Just ordered a new MoB0 (Gigabyte 7N400PRO2) and CPU (AMD 2800+ 333) as a stopgap to hold me for another year before buying a new system.

My question is...... will my Geforce4 Ti 4400 run ok with the new MoBo....... all I can find is the following blurb about the MoBo:

“Superb bandwidth AGP 8X graphics interface
Featuring AGP 8x (AGP 3.0) the new generation VGA interface specification, this platform delivers enhanced graphics performance with high bandwidth up to 2.12GB/s. Allowing users to have a more realistic graphics experiences while gaming or movie watching.
- 1 x AGP slot (8x/4x-AGP 3.0 compliant), supports 1.5v display card only.”

My Ti 4400 was one of the first and I cannot find anything on the Leadtek site about it (only 4200 and 4800 listed ???). I lost my book that came with so I had to search the web for sites selling the card to get any specs..... I found this:

“AGP Standard:
AGP 2.0 slot support

System Requirements:
Intel Pentium II/III/Celeron, Pentium 4
AMD Athlon/Duron
(Systems with AGP 2.0 Slot)”

I don't want to get another card - the one I have now works fine. Like I said, I want to wait until next year and get a whole new system with the latest and greatest gear.

Any info greatly appreciated.

-N-

<b><font color=blue>Paramedics - Does this mean there is always two of them ?</font color=blue></b>

<b><font color=red><A HREF="http://www.nialm.com\rig.htm" target="_new">My Rig</A></font color=red></b>

davemar14

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2003
Your 4400 should work fine. The AGP 8X slots support AGP4x. I have the Asus A7N8X board which also has AGP8X and I ran a GeForce 4 Ti4200 AGP4x fine.

NialM

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2001
Great..... thanks for the info !

-N-

<b><font color=blue>Paramedics - Does this mean there is always two of them ?</font color=blue></b>

<b><font color=red><A HREF="http://www.nialm.com\rig.htm" target="_new">My Rig</A></font color=red></b>