Leadtek, MSI, or Gainward ti4600?

dttdar

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2002
I'm confused as to which one I should get. From the reviews that I've seen, MSI and Leadtek outperform the Gainward so why does everyone recommend and buy the Gainward.

I plan on running one at stock speeds, and only oc'ing for benchmarks, but I want the highest speeds for both situations.

----------------
sorry, but I'm still stuck in the Pentium III world

Mnx4

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2001
It really doesn't matter which one you get because they're practically the same card. The reason it could be reccomended is the price, the package, the extras, etc... I've got a leadtek and it's a pretty good card so far.

Time is the best teacher... unfortunatly, it kills all of its students.

williamc

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2002
Why people limit themselves is beyond me...Visiontek is a damn fine card. And if you carefully read out the tomshardware overview, its overall probably the finest quality one built in my opinion. Reference can be a good thing sometimes. I've installed and tested quite a few visiontek 4400 and 4600's and one MX, they are all fantastic i think. Especially their 4600 though.

The itsy bitsy spider climbed up the empires state building, along came goblin, wiped the spider out

Willamette_sucks

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2002
i have a visiontek xtasy ti4400 and i love it, but to be perfectly honest if i had the money i wouldve bought the leadtek. I mean look at it, its awesome, and has greater OC'ing abilities due to the large HSF. but unless youre going to enter your comp in a beauty contest, or want an extra 5-10mhz when overclocked, i say buy the cheapest one you can find, which is probably the visiontek. i added some heatsinks to my RAM by mixing epoxy with arctic silver 2 and i can now get higher speeds for ram. i also added 2 case fans on the side blowing directly on the card which helped both ram and gpu speeds.

The first LAN party I went to was at a PETA convention. They booted me when I shot a crab in HL!