[SOLVED] Leaf Blower Cleaning - Blower Style GPU

Vellaura

Reputable
Nov 30, 2020
Hey all!

I have a blower style gtx 970, its pretty dirty and I can see that most of the thick dust bunnies are stuck in the heatsink in between the fan and exhaust.

If I held the fan, or kept it in place (so it doesn't overspin), could I force that pressure of air in through the heatsink and push it all out?

As far as I'm aware its just air going through the fan and heatsink out the exhaust.

I've used compressed air before, it either runs out very quickly, doesn't have enough pressure or just straight up spits out some liquid or gets too cold.

And risks to this?

Solution
Canned "air" (which is usually something like r134a refrigerant/propellant, not air) is fine but you have to use it in short bursts and give it time to warm back up between uses or you lose pressure from the propellant getting cold and not boiling off fast enough to maintain pressure.

With actual compressed air from an air compressor tank, you get a lot more pressure than you do from those expensive little cans.

InvalidError

Titan
Canned "air" (which is usually something like r134a refrigerant/propellant, not air) is fine but you have to use it in short bursts and give it time to warm back up between uses or you lose pressure from the propellant getting cold and not boiling off fast enough to maintain pressure.

With actual compressed air from an air compressor tank, you get a lot more pressure than you do from those expensive little cans.

Solution