Question League of Legends shuts down PC

Ryan MF

Commendable
Nov 13, 2016
Hey all,

I'm wondering if anyone can help me out with a weird issue my fiance is having with League of Legends specifically. After getting into a game and it only happens when she is loading into the game itself her computer crashes. By crash I mean totally turns off and the power button needs to be pressed again to turn it on, doesn't restart like the power just dies. Now I will state this is not a new issues but to a point where its honestly infuriating her.

She has an older rig that she got from an ex of her's in a past relationship and doesn't do anything really heavy on it. Basic school work with windows programs such as word and excel light internet usage (YouTube, email, and shopping) and some gaming. Now we have narrowed it down to League of Legends specifically as she has played more modern titles with 0 issues. I have seen others have this problem with very easy fixes non of which can be causing her issue (Overclocking GPU's and lowering graphics settings) she is running 2 cards in SLI and they are not overclocked and again this happened randomly with no change in hardware . We had an issue about a year ago with her computer completely shutting down while doing anything and I basically figured it was her PSU. We took to a local shop who did some testing on it and they came to the same conclusion and we bought her a new PSU and installed it and everything went back to normal. This issue started about 6 months after the new PSU. We have reinstalled the game and ran repairs with it to no avail.

I also thought this might be a overheating issue as her CPU cooler is garbage but the BIOS states her CPU was running at 60C after a shutdown and to my knowledge that isn't THAT hot. Also there is not errors popping on about an overheat or anything. She can start the PC back up relog into the game rejoin the existing game and play with again 0 issues after the initial shutdown.

I will add that we recently updated her drivers and again that didn't work.

Anyone have any idea what this might be or has had this issue and found a fix?

Her specs (Like I said this is a bit older):

CPU: AMD FX 8150
Memory: 12 GB DDR3
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 760 x 2 running in SLI
PSU: Corsair CX 750M

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS