News Leak Allegedly Reveals Sapphire's Toxic Radeon RX 6x50 XT Line-up

I don't understand why Sapphire went with so many models of the 6900XT. I mean, I can understand the 6900XT with the water cooler for bragging rights or whatever, but the other two are completely redundant. They had 2 revisions of the Nitro+ (I have the second) and now the Toxxic triple fan, which is exactly the same as the Nitro+ OC SE. Maybe they're using the XTXU die or something?

Anyway, I think it's just a waste to have so many different ones instead of just keeping a good supply of the Nitro+ and a few cash-grab Toxxic versions with the Hybrid LCS.

That being said, I can't help but look forward to see how the extra memory speed helps in 4K so I can extrapolate to VR (as I bought it for that). VR is a tad more demanding than 4K@60, so I'm guessing the faster memory should improve things a bit. Under 4K, I'd say it'll be the same, since it's mostly covered by the cache anyway.

Regards.

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
Too many variants, and the name has negative connotations to it.

I do like that AMD is bringing the performance with their 6x50 cards. AMD needs to step up what they're doing with HIP in Blender though -- they're too far behind Nvidia in content creation performance.