Leaked Email Suggests Nvidia's 11-Series Arrives Late August

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 11 series will be the most hyped launch series till date.

With those rumors of 1180 being faster than 1080ti and that it can give a 4k 144hz experience are spiking our expectations.

Isn't 4k 144hz the end game display for gamers? If the 1180 is rumored to accomplish that(at a rumored 800 bucks), how powerful will the 1180ti be? Will there also be a titan card for the new architecture?

This is going to be an interesting lineup of cards.

mwryder55

Distinguished
Rexer: I consider $220 for a 1060 6GB to be a much better launch price than the $330 for the 970 at launch, especially since the 1060 is as good or better than the 970.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador

I doubt it. The only place I've seen it said that the 1180 might be capable of 4k 144 Hz is a terrible Tweaktown article where they literally made that performance number up.

I haven't read anything that makes me think the 11 series will be an especially big performance jump.

Zaporro

Honorable
Jan 23, 2014
This is so pathetic when "reputable" websites are basing their articles either directly on indirectly on fake mail screenshots forged by know youtube shitposter full of clickbaiting content and fake "rumors" just to milk views and cash from ads.
Frikking really pathetic.

hannibal

Distinguished
Yep, most predictions says that 1180 is slower than 1080ti... the point is that eventually it will end up being cheaper than 1180ti because it has smaller gpu core and so cheaper to produce. Hopefullu 1180 is faster in dx12 but that remains to be seing...

Considering that the 1080 Ti can't even maintain 60fps at 4K with max settings in many newer games, it seems pretty unlikely that the 1180 would be over twice as fast. I suspect that it will most likely be a bit faster, and will probably be good for 4K gaming at 60fps in most current titles, but I wouldn't expect much more than that. Probably no more than around Titan V performance, which is only roughly 20% faster than a 1080 Ti.

Ninjawithagun

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2007
At this point, I don't give a crap about the specs as It's been over 2 years since Pascal was introduced. Any improvements with Turing are welcome to anyone who calls themselves a "PC gamer". Sadly, the only real worry is the fact that Nvidia and 3rd party OEMs will fail once again to meet consumer demand. We will see yet again another wave of price gouging and eBay auctions that have these coveted cards being offered for 50% and more of their MSRP. Nvidia knows this is completely avoidable by ensuring production is increased months prior to the August release date. Unfortunately, this was not done - again. In the end, we the consumer suffer for the absolute stupidity and complete lack of any ability for Nvidia to plan ahead properly.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador

Where have you seen that? I'd find that kind of surprising, given that the last two generations have had even the GTX [X]70 be as powerful or more than the previous generation [X-1]80 Ti.

Krazie_Ivan

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012

780ti =/= 970
980ti =/= 1070
...meaning 1080ti =/= 1170?
also:
given the historical timeline of previous gaps between series, and that a Sept launch for 1170 is 28mo after 1070, we should be looking forward to 12-series around x-mas... but obviously we're not due to lack of competition. still, the 28mo of gap in new tech should mean a far higher level of performance - like, nearly double the expected gains. (if a 1060 is =/= 780ti, then 1260 =/= 1080ti)

...so for an 1170 (and esp a 1180, as you said!) to barely beat a 1080ti, esp after the huge wait for this next arch/series, would be a massive disappointment. course, with no competition, i'm going to guess that all historically-extrapolated logic takes a back seat, and you end-up about spot-on. $800 GTX1180 < 1080ti ...and the only reason to buy it is cause Nvid kneecaps 10-series performance by way of Ray Tracing. :(

jaber2

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
Wake me up when the TI is out, otherwise all these cards with 15 to 20 improved speed will not make me buy a new card unless ....

Rexer

Distinguished

Checking back, it was $249/$250 msrp. But you're right. Lol. I stand corrected.

Status
Not open for further replies.