Leaked Photos Show Massive Camera on Nokia EOS Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

WithoutWeakness

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
I like the idea of better cameras on phones. Not just high megapixel counts, but actually better lenses, sensors, and processors. Smartphones are the driving force for high-performance mobile chips and it makes sense that companies are now putting better cameras on them. I don't want something like the Galaxy Camera on the back of my phone but I'm more than willing to have a bulge like this on the back of my phone if it means I can get a larger sensor and better picture quality from my $600-800 device.

flowingbass

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2010
phone camera image quality race! i love it! i hated megapixel race. soon enough i wont be surprised if someone managed to cram a 12x INTERNAL optical zoom without the lens protruding out from the device.

dalmvern

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2011
Aside from the fact that the camera makes the phone look ugly, a 41 megapixel image is going to take up a good bit of space. If there is no expandable memory, those pictures are going to fill up a 16GB or even a 32GB internal memory quite quickly.

punahou1

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2010
Remember that the high megapixels are really only good for printing very large images (poster size). Quality comes from the sensor and lens. It will be interesting to find out what improvements are planned in these areas of PureView and other manufacturers of cellular photographic technology.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
everyone, look at what the 41mp picture looks like... its easily better than any other cellphone camera i have seen, but than you take that picture and shrink it to 8mp, thats where the true quality comes from in that.

i care about function, not if some random douche on the street things im cool because i have a pretty phone...
give me the old motorola brick phones, some of those styles had suck strong antenas you could go to the middle of the desert and still get signal, while cellphones of today are crippled because they focused on smaller and thinner...

battery life
antenna
the way it feels in my hand

those are all crap with phones of today, they have no weight to them,

nevilence

Distinguished
May 8, 2012
I would happily go back to bulky phones if it meant better, higher quality camera. Looks to me are secondary to function, even third to function and reliability. So go nuts bulk em up =D

hannibal

Distinguished
808 pictures are avesome and if this is any good or even better, you can really say that you bought a camera and get phone as an additional feature!
We have all been waiting this super camera to Windows phones from Nokia announced that it will start making Windows phones. Now we are getting there. This will be the definite windows flagship phone for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.