Leap Motion's Much-Needed Hand Tracking Hops Onto OSVR

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they have some of the back end fixed up. I was really interested in using the Leap as a sort of touch-screen alternative for my desktop, but it generally stunk at that. It does work with some specific applications, which can only be found in their own store, and generally cost too much with too little utility. Hopefully this new product will work a little better in general, and not fall to a stupid closed ecosystem.

Marco Ullasci

Reputable
Mar 26, 2015
I hope they have some of the back end fixed up. I was really interested in using the Leap as a sort of touch-screen alternative for my desktop, but it generally stunk at that. It does work with some specific applications, which can only be found in their own store, and generally cost too much with too little utility. Hopefully this new product will work a little better in general, and not fall to a stupid closed ecosystem.
I was an early adopter and had exactly the same expectations and the same experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.