Least Intensive Screen Recorder ?

Solution
The least intensive is either using an external capture card or Nvidia's Shadowplay, but for Shadowplay you need a GTX 650 or better in your system, and you need a capture card otherwise. The least intensive software is either Dxtory or Bandicam, and I personally think Bandicam has less of a hit on performance, but that might just be what I have seen.

Lee-m

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
Most people use fraps, including my self. There are others, I couldn't tell you if they are most cpu efficient. They have to use one of the popular encoders so I would think they would be not much difference.

apcs13

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013
The least intensive is either using an external capture card or Nvidia's Shadowplay, but for Shadowplay you need a GTX 650 or better in your system, and you need a capture card otherwise. The least intensive software is either Dxtory or Bandicam, and I personally think Bandicam has less of a hit on performance, but that might just be what I have seen.

Solution

djkillz

Honorable
Mar 19, 2013
If you want a good recorder and one for free use MSI Afterburner. Yes it monitors your temps and stuff but there is also a built in video recorder and yes its free. Just go to youtube and look up msi afterburner video capture. It will show you how to set it up and everything. Its what I use and it works really good.

oshkosh601

Honorable
Jan 12, 2014

Hey, thanks a lot for the response. Since you recommended an external capture card, do you know of any good ones around for 60-100$ ? Thanks.

apcs13

Honorable
Oct 2, 2013

Depends, I assume you are playing on PC? However, it is best to make sure first, so PC or console?

Assuming you want PC, this PCI-express card for $90 seems pretty good-
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815100049

Most other quality 1080P capture devices are between $110-180, so this one seems like a pretty nice deal.