[SOLVED] Leaving 1 Standoff

Ahmed.K

Prominent
Jul 9, 2019
1 of the standoff for my case won't fit, Is it ok if I leave only 1 of the standoff for my ATX motherboard case

Solution
I was able to install the other standoffs, but the hole for 1 of the standoff is smaller than it is suppose to be, that's all
And returning the case for 1 standoff might be difficult

Unless the information about the case states that one standoff won't fit, returning the case is a reasonable and acceptable thing to do.

You could widen that standoff hole in some way, but it's not recommended to do this.

Ahmed.K

Prominent
Jul 9, 2019
Can you show a photo?
If a standoff doesn't fit (there is no corresponding screw hole in motherboard), then standoff has to be removed or it can cause short.
I was able to install the other standoffs, but the hole for 1 of the standoff is smaller than it is suppose to be, that's all

gamerbrehdy

Honorable
Jun 15, 2018

Unless the information about the case states that one standoff won't fit, returning the case is a reasonable and acceptable thing to do.

You could widen that standoff hole in some way, but it's not recommended to do this.

Reactions: Ahmed.K
Solution

Ahmed.K

Prominent
Jul 9, 2019

Done, It was a cheap case(not too expensive), So I hammered a nail into the standoff hole, and the hole got widened, and the standoff now fits(but a little loose)

TRENDING THREADS