Leaving bios set to check CD driver first?

KD

I have used F2 to set my Dell to boot from a CD instead of the A: drive
since my image program is on a bootable CD. On top of that, I stand less
chance of getting something from an infected floppy left in the slot
during boot.

I am taking for granted that even if my OS goes, I can still use F2 or
F12 to access the bios and change it back to a floppy being read first
if needed.

Is my reasoning correct?

Any downside to doing this?

It's easiest to use F12 to select a different boot device. If you don't want
the computer to try to boot from floppy, put it after the hard drive in the boot
order. No downside to doing this... Ben Myers

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 17:37:20 -0500, kd@fulltoner.com wrote:

>I have used F2 to set my Dell to boot from a CD instead of the A: drive
>since my image program is on a bootable CD. On top of that, I stand less
>chance of getting something from an infected floppy left in the slot
>during boot.
>
>I am taking for granted that even if my OS goes, I can still use F2 or
>F12 to access the bios and change it back to a floppy being read first
>if needed.
>
>Is my reasoning correct?
>
>Any downside to doing this?

KD

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 23:43:44 GMT, ben_myers_spam_me_not @ charter.net
(Ben Myers) wrote:

>On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 17:37:20 -0500, kd@fulltoner.com wrote:
>
>>I have used F2 to set my Dell to boot from a CD instead of the A: drive
>>since my image program is on a bootable CD. On top of that, I stand less
>>chance of getting something from an infected floppy left in the slot
>>during boot.
>>
>>I am taking for granted that even if my OS goes, I can still use F2 or
>>F12 to access the bios and change it back to a floppy being read first
>>if needed.
>>
>>Is my reasoning correct?
>>
>>Any downside to doing this?

>It's easiest to use F12 to select a different boot device. If you don't want
>the computer to try to boot from floppy, put it after the hard drive in the boot
>order. No downside to doing this... Ben Myers

Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS