[SOLVED] LED code 27 on new Aorus B550 master motherboard, won't boot ?

Rick_S

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2010
Limping right along, lol! I'm replacing my Asus Strix B450-f, with, an Aorus B550. I have updated the BIOS to the latest version, using the Q-flash feature. I am down to the CPU, video card and one stick of memory. The internal HDMI makes no difference. The red LED boot light below the ATX socket stays on. Pressing the reboot button makes the LED code change to C5, then it changes back to 27. The power switch turns it on, but not off again. I have to turn the power supply off to turn it off. Any ideas? I've had fun before, so I know what it's like. This isn't it, lol! Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

Rick_S

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2010
Everything is working now. Bench testing, I discovered the problem. One of my Memory sticks that I purchased a little under a year ago had gone bad. It appears that my prior motherboard, an Asus Strix B450-F, just ignored the problem and limped on, even with the bad memory stick. It even showed the memory stick in CPU-Z. My new Aorus B 550 Master, wouldn't use it, in any configuration, with my other memory stick. I removed that one, and am booting successfully with the one stick. I will be putting in an RMA for a replacement.