Led control on Asus z170 pro gaming aura

richard_176

Commendable
Oct 15, 2016
I bought an Asus z170 pro gaming aura and it said you can change led affects. There might be the software on the CD but I have no CD ROM.
I tried aura control but I want control for every light on the motherboard including audio strip and the 5 LEDs under the name. Can anyone give me a link that will allow me to do that thank you.

jpe1701

Honorable
I've been doing some digging to try and figure it out. The manual says that the audio led's are only red. It says you can control them through Ai suite 3 but I couldn't find any led controls there but it also said you could control them from the bios and I found that. It was under advanced>Onboard devices configuration >supremefx led lighting. I couldn't find the other one anywhere and looking at mine I don't see any leds near the name through the window and they're not referenced in the manual, are you sure there are leds there?

jpe1701

Honorable
Bios 2003. Thanks I never noticed those. I still can't find how to use them though. Nigel I checked those pages out, the audio led's were on page 1-26, page 1-28 was a blank page for notes and 1-29 was about the ez-update utility. I used the manual from the Asus website.

richard_176

Commendable
Oct 15, 2016
This is the same manual I got with my motherboard. The only problem is that AI suite 3 or
the bios have no control for the model name lights.
Thanks to jpe1701 I found the supreme fx led.

jpe1701

Honorable
So I tried going to the Asus product page for the original Z170 pro gaming and I downloaded an earlier version of AI suite 3 that had the LED control app but it didn't work. I just kept getting an error message whenever I launched the app.

jpe1701

Honorable
So that was absolutely no help. This is what I got.

"Thank you for your response.
This email is regarding your issue . As I already said, the issue was escalated to our next level of support.
I have received response from my next level of support.
​Please download latest Aura software at Z170 Pro gaming Aura V1.03.50.
​When using Aura, please check if customer has this in the software (arrow):

If so, please select it and change color.
If not, it may mean this board do not support Logo name RGB
Please make note of your case number for future reference:
Regards,
Karthik C.
ASUS Technical Support
http://www.asus.com/us/support/
DISCLAIMER - All communications - written, illustrated, graphics, or any type of content/information present within these email(s) are considered "off the record," confidential and not for publication. Our company and the sender accept no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided. All information contained is direct, confidential communication between the sender and recipient. This content cannot be posted, used, copied or replicated in any way without direct written consent from Asus. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, copy, or distribute this message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and delete the original message. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited."

It had a link to the Aura software and a picture of the software open with an arrow pointing to the ROG symbol and it said ROG and that was the control for the LED but when I downloaded the new version it didn't have the control. They say that my board doesn't support it.