[SOLVED] LED lighting for ASROCK Z170 Extreme 7+ motherboard

Anaxamenes

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2010
I want to add some lighting to my computer. I'm just not sure I have the ability in my motherboard for some of the newer tech.
ASROCK Z170 Extreme 7+
Suggestions would be great, I can't find anywhere if I have rgb headers or add headers that seem to be needed for certain types of LED lighting kits.

I'm looking for:
Subtle light (dimming)
RGB (color changeable)
magnetic strips or
fans
Software controlled (remotes are okay if there's a better option with one)
good quality (ie won't burn up my computer)

Solution
If you must add RGB or ARGB to your build, you're going to have to look a third party controller/ecosystem like that found off of this site. You will need the controller, the fans and the lights to pair with said controller and in turn the controller is connected to an available USB port. After that you can manage them via software.

Anaxamenes

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2010
If you must add RGB or ARGB to your build, you're going to have to look a third party controller/ecosystem like that found off of this site. You will need the controller, the fans and the lights to pair with said controller and in turn the controller is connected to an available USB port. After that you can manage them via software.
Thank you, this is what I suspected, but was not sure after looking at the schematics of my motherboard if I was missing something. ASRock had new LED tech on their newer motherboards and I was unsure if mine was a bit too old. I built this computer to be upgradeable and overclockable to the best of my ability, however it was also my very first build after buying pre-built computers in the past.