[SOLVED] LED lighting setting resets in redragon karura2 K502 keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

rx480gaming

Reputable
Sep 13, 2016
Whenever i reboot my PC the LED backlight setting resets to the default setting. Is this normal for redragon karura2 K502 keyboard? or is there a way yo save the LED setting?

Solution
That may indeed be the case.

One option that may be viable is to apply some keyboard app that records your keystrokes.

You record the keyboard strokes as you do the manual changes and then "playback" the keystrokes after a reboot.

Here is a link listing such applications:

https://www.garethjames.net/best-macro-tools/

And one update or change to the keyboard controls will then require you to edit an existing macro or create a new one.

Ralston18

Titan
How do you go about putting the LED lighting back the way you wish it to be?

Is there some app or control panel like window? Any configuration windows for the keyboard?

Likely to be a save option available that will put the settings in a file that, in turn, would be used to restore the settings versus you having to retype everything.

There could also be an option that uses the saved file as the source for default settings.

Overall, I am not sure that the K502 supports saving the configuration settings. I visited the website and found references to "Red Impact" but that seems applicable to the mice.

rx480gaming

Reputable
Sep 13, 2016
How do you go about putting the LED lighting back the way you wish it to be?

Is there some app or control panel like window? Any configuration windows for the keyboard?

Likely to be a save option available that will put the settings in a file that, in turn, would be used to restore the settings versus you having to retype everything.

There could also be an option that uses the saved file as the source for default settings.

Overall, I am not sure that the K502 supports saving the configuration settings. I visited the website and found references to "Red Impact" but that seems applicable to the mice.
I checked the redragon website, they dont have any app for this model. I think they do have a kind of control app for different model keyboard but not this.

So everytime i reboot my PC i need to manually change the LED setting by pressing the keys they gave on the keyboard

Ralston18

Titan
That may indeed be the case.

One option that may be viable is to apply some keyboard app that records your keystrokes.

You record the keyboard strokes as you do the manual changes and then "playback" the keystrokes after a reboot.

Here is a link listing such applications:

https://www.garethjames.net/best-macro-tools/

And one update or change to the keyboard controls will then require you to edit an existing macro or create a new one.

Solution

rx480gaming

Reputable
Sep 13, 2016
I checked the redragon website, they dont have any app for this model. I think they do have a kind of control app for different model keyboard but not this.

So everytime i reboot my PC i need to manually change the LED setting by pressing the keys they gave on the keyboard
Then every time i boot my PC i need to run this. I think buying this keyboard is a very bad decision

Status
Not open for further replies.