LED monitor going black and back again .. happening randomly !! please help..

debkol35

Reputable
Mar 29, 2014
I bought a new LED Monitor Samsung LS22C350HS/XL few hours back. I came back home, removed old CRT monitor. Plugged in new LED and used HDMI cable with my graphics card Asus 6670 1GB DDR5.

Problem:-

Monitor going black and it comes back within 1 or 2 second. I noticed, Power light is on always. Its happening in 2 or 3 hours interval !! Please help me... Should I ask Samsung to replace or is it my own problem?

Resolution 1920x1080

debkol35

Reputable
Mar 29, 2014
DAMN !! I just discovered a strange thing...I was going to sleep and as soon as I switch off my room's light... the monitor went black and comes back again. I switch on off my light several times to be sure, and all time monitor went black and came back again !!

what is it? power problem? but My monitor's power plug is connected with APC UPS and monitor's power light is not going off though !! I am confused !!

debkol35

Reputable
Mar 29, 2014
ok... a technican from Samsung came. He told me to change HDMI cable. He says "if u r running ur monitor through HDMI cable and if u see...screen is going black and comes back again, then it must have to be HDMI cable's problem."

So, I bought a costly branded HDMI cable. Problem is gone now. I hope this information will help others if anyone face such problem.

Springtex

Commendable
Apr 5, 2016

Springtex

Commendable
Apr 5, 2016
I had the same problem for a couple of years, running a fine LG monitor I added to a PC that had Vista OS. I recently retired that PC and got a new Dell that has Windows 10. Hooked up same monitor, using same cable (the VGA connection, not the usb) and haven't seen the black flash onto my screen yet.

TRENDING THREADS