[SOLVED] Led problem in fans

muhammadahmad9794

Reputable
Jan 14, 2019
I have MF120R ARGB 3pin fans. Fans are working perfectly, only their led is making problem, I think led strip inside fan is burned due to wrong connector. I have 3pin ARGB WS2812B led strip, I think it is same strip used inside these fans. Want to replace that strip but don't know how to disassemble these fans.

Anyone having video link or photos that can help me to disassemble them will be really helpful.

Last edited:

muhammadahmad9794

Reputable
Jan 14, 2019
The electrical requirements may not be the biggest issue as the physical construction of the faan might not work with the light strip.

It's entirely up to you, but given that you can buy RGB/ARGB fans pretty cheap these days it might just be easier to replace it.

I will not do it my self i will take it to repair lab and a technician will do the job. I just wanted to ask that as I already have 3pin argb strip which can be controlled with this controller easily and I have tested already that strip is working perfectly with controller.

The question is if technician do the job will it be 100% okay working just like before. And I am from Pakistan these fans are not available here, from aliexpress they are very expensive not in my budget range.

I will not do it my self i will take it to repair lab and a technician will do the job. I just wanted to ask that as I already have 3pin argb strip which can be controlled with this controller easily and I have tested already that strip is working perfectly with controller.

The question is if technician do the job will it be 100% okay working just like before. And I am from Pakistan these fans are not available here, from aliexpress they are very expensive not in my budget range.

Sorry I have no idea if they will work. I tried to find some videos or pictures to see how the fans are constructed but couldn't find any.

You could look on aliexpress for a a Chinese knockoff brand. I've heard Pccooler and upHere are decent brands and the other lesser names all seem to be copies of those.