[SOLVED] LED strip/s question

Im one of those that actually likes LED's.......I currently have just one LED strip plugged into the 4 pin 12v on my motherboard, i see you can buy LED 'splitter' cables that allow you to plug 2 or 3 strips into them, now wouldnt this affect the lights,causing them to be dim etc or do they still work ok?

Solution
Really depends on the implementation. Some strips are designed to be daisy-chained, as ultimately, LEDs are relatively low powered.

I don't know how that would work, splitting directly off the motherboard though.
While in theory they're powering the same number of LEDs, the implementation of the header on the board (or differences in strips) may dim the LEDs.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Really depends on the implementation. Some strips are designed to be daisy-chained, as ultimately, LEDs are relatively low powered.

I don't know how that would work, splitting directly off the motherboard though.
While in theory they're powering the same number of LEDs, the implementation of the header on the board (or differences in strips) may dim the LEDs.

Reactions: kurdtnz
Solution