[SOLVED] LED strips adhesive (electrical tape??)

Oct 1, 2020
Hi Guys, I dont have knowledge on electrical matters.

Is it a good idea to stick my LED strips to an electrical tape that is on my cpu case.
I got this idea for if ever any of the parts of the LED strip is not insulated it will not be transferred to the metal case because of the electrical tape.

Will it work like that or will the non insulated part (if ever there is any) still be able to give current to the case?

Thanks in advance.

Solution
The one i ordered was for a pc. though I saw on a review that one reviewer got a strip with an exposed part which upon the reviewers check was not insulated and was giving out electricity.

I would like to prevent that from happening as i dont have a device to check if its not insulated. so I was thinking of sticking it on an electric tape as is is not a big of a deal rather than risk having my pc shorted
Sure you could do that but make sure you get some really good tape, they usually dry out within short time (few months) and can detach. 2 sided sticky tape lasts longer.
Hi Guys, I dont have knowledge on electrical matters.

Is it a good idea to stick my LED strips to an electrical tape that is on my cpu case.
I got this idea for if ever any of the parts of the LED strip is not insulated it will not be transferred to the metal case because of the electrical tape.

Will it work like that or will the non insulated part (if ever there is any) still be able to give current to the case?

Thanks in advance.
Most LED strips are insulated at the back side, 2 sided sticky tape should be enough anyway.

Reactions: GrinTheComputerNoob
Oct 1, 2020
I would advise to use only LED strips certified for computers.
The one i ordered was for a pc. though I saw on a review that one reviewer got a strip with an exposed part which upon the reviewers check was not insulated and was giving out electricity.

I would like to prevent that from happening as i dont have a device to check if its not insulated. so I was thinking of sticking it on an electric tape as is is not a big of a deal rather than risk having my pc shorted

Sure you could do that but make sure you get some really good tape, they usually dry out within short time (few months) and can detach. 2 sided sticky tape lasts longer.

Reactions: GrinTheComputerNoob
Solution

TRENDING THREADS