[SOLVED] LEDs turning on but no signal on monitor??

Status
Not open for further replies.

harley27

Prominent
Jul 28, 2019
I just built a new PC and the fans turn on, leds turn on but nothing comes up on the monitor.. I have the b450 gaming plus, ryzen 5 3600x (yes I flashed my mobo) crucial m.2 ssd, rx5700, and g.skill 2x8 ram, all help is appreciated! Thanks

harley27

Prominent
Jul 28, 2019
Yes that is normal. Did the system start up fine or same issue? All power cables plugged in? (power cable to the motherboard if it requires it)
IT was the the same as before.. I even tried plugging it in to my tv and changed the cable.. there are a few pins on the bottom that are vacant, I’ll send some pictures

Solidjake

Notable
Sep 6, 2019

That's fine, they're just pins for the header and usb ports on the case itself. Do you have a power cable plugged into the 4x2 (8pin) plug up top to the left of #7?

b450-gaming-plus-hero.png

Can't see in that video.
What case do you have?
Most require standoffs to be installed.
Some have raised bumps in some places but require a few to be installed. Depending on motherboard size.
There are hundreds of solder points on the back of the motherboard. it only take one touching to cause a no boot or worse fries the motherboard if you have a cheap power supply.
Stand offs are a most

harley27

Prominent
Jul 28, 2019
Can't see in that video.
What case do you have?
Most require standoffs to be installed.
Some have raised bumps in some places but require a few to be installed. Depending on motherboard size.
There are hundreds of solder points on the back of the motherboard. it only take one touching to cause a no boot or worse fries the motherboard if you have a cheap power supply.
Stand offs are a most
I have the Corsair spec-delta carbide series and Corsair TX 650W psu

harley27

Prominent
Jul 28, 2019
Power supply is great but case needs standoffs installed.
You should have a small box with screws ,wire ties, stand offs etc.... somewhere that came with it.
https://www.corsair.com/medias/sys_...2910/-CC-9011166-WW-Gallery-SPEC-DELTA-07.png
in this photo you have the motherboard tray with instructions where to install standoffs for different size motherboards.
Each hole is marked with A/M/I or a combination .
You need a standoff in all holes marked "A"
YEs I did that when installing the motherboard

Solidjake

Notable
Sep 6, 2019
Could it be the gpu? It has a 8 pin then a 6 pin.. my psu only came with 6+2 pins though so 2 of the pins aren’t in anything

I think that's it (but wait for others to reply first before adding another cable)..... you have one (technically) ONE power cable going to the GPU whereas you need two separate cables going into it for full power

Status
Not open for further replies.