ledzepp98 please help

G

4-bank interleave in the bios (or enable SPD) like i mentioned in one of your other posts? i don't think that is listed in the manual but it will probably help. i was running a ga-7zx and had the same problem (low memory performance). i enabled SPD for the ram and that helped tremendously.

-- dude our baords are like identical
i however did flash my bios to the newest one. but..
i dont have any of those settings in my bios.. o well
the only setting i have for the memory is top performance, the mem speed in Mhz 100-133 , Sdram command drive, memory address drive and Cas # and ras#

do you have those settings in yours?
Also is your bios Award or AMI? mine is AMI-american megatrends..

I prefer award and my old board with me k6-2 was a gigabyte with award so i assumed my new one would be too, but it wasnt.. =-(( but it works..
Other then that, ill wait till u reply and see if ours are really that similar

thanks for ur help

ledzepp98

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
WOW, THIS IS THE FIRST TIME SOMEONE ASKED FOR MY HELP!!! i wish i could help you more :( if you look closely at my post you will notice i said i WAS using the ga-7zx board. i ended up swapping it for an epox ep-8kta+ mobo with hopes of overclocking (got my 900@1000 w/default voltage). i stopped using it about november and i was using the latest bios at the time. i swear (to the best of my recollection) that there was a setting to enable SPD (not sure about 4-way interleave). i assume that at the moment you are running the most aggressive memory timings you can and still getting the low benchmark numbers...? if all else fails, i believe there was a thread going around either here or at anandtech on how to enable 4-way interleave using some tweak program (i don't know anything about it). anyway, i think that 4-way (or 4-bank?) interleave, rather the lack thereof, is what is holding you back. if you can find a way to enable that then you will see your scores up where they belong. keep us posted, i'm interested to know if you find a solution and i'll post again if i find a good link or more detailed info....