Question Left computer unplugged, video card isn't working anymore....

Sep 16, 2019
Hi,

Somehow, my NVIDIA 1050 that was unplugged from electrical power, is not working anymore.

I unplugged my computer for 2 days while I wasnt at home. I got back, went to plug it in, started it and monitor would show "no signal"
Okay...no big deal, I've had hdmi cables go bad before. Put a new cable...nothing. Swapped to another known working hdmi port...nothing.

I noticed my keyboard lights would go off so looks like it was stuck at bios and kept restarting maybe. This is a 3 month old new setup so I was doubtful something was damaged.

I only removed the video card, plugged hdmi cable to motherboard output and it all worked fine. I made sure the output was set to PCIE devices.

I reseated the card, tried again...nothing. So right now it looks like the video card is dead somehow.

Anyone has any idea what would cause my video card to die while unplugged from the electricity? It has a little dust on it but nothing else. Fan is spinning. My UPS shows normal voltage going into my PSU...no electrical issues were logged during those 2 days if that matters..since it was unplugged from electricity.

Any suggestions would be good, thanks.

My specs
AMD Ryzen 3 2200G
NVIDIA GTX1050
8GB DDR4
KINGSTON SSD

PSU is a 650w generic brand.

Last edited: