Question Left mouse button doesn't always register correctly ?

Mar 18, 2023
When I'm playing a game that requires me to hold left click in order to perform a function (like attacking or aiming), sometimes it just doesn't register and my character just ends up standing there/moving without doing the right action until I release the mouse button and try again. Or if I'm tryin to do a combo that requires clicking twice and then holding, the game acts like I did 3 clicks and then a hold or I'll hold once and it registers as a click+hold. My ping in the game is 8-12 ms so I don't think it's an input lag issue and I haven't been able to find anyone else in the game having similar issues.

Mouse is Razer Orochi V2 but I was having the same issue with the mouse I used before that (don't remember exactly what type, I think it was Logitech). Changing batteries didn't help.

Mar 18, 2023
Could be either the mouse's physical button or Bluetooth issue.

You should grab an old USB mouse and try to see if it works better.
That does seem to solve most of the issues. Is there any workaround to making a wireless mouse work better in this situation? My current one is using 2.4GHz. I've never tried the bluetooth option on it. I have a habitual cable-chewing cat and a wired mouse is just not gonna work long-term.

Ralston18

Titan
One thing you can try with wireless USB devices is to use a USB extension cable between host PC and the USB dongle.

Using the extension cable allows you to move the dongle up and away from the back of the host PC.

Two benefits: hopefully improved wireless transmission and reception plus the USB dongle will be kept cooler. Dongles can get quite hot and especially when nearing EOL (End of Life).

= = = =

However, there will still be a cable (likely a bit thicker) and some anti-cat protection will be needed.

Ask your vet from some recommendation regarding some paste or other "sauce" that will taste bad to the cat and discourage chewing without harming said cat.

The cat will be mad at first but will probably get over it. 😾

That does seem to solve most of the issues. Is there any workaround to making a wireless mouse work better in this situation? My current one is using 2.4GHz. I've never tried the bluetooth option on it. I have a habitual cable-chewing cat and a wired mouse is just not gonna work long-term.

The 2.4Ghz frequency is saturated as it's used by many wireless devices.

Try to use 5Ghz wi-fi if your wireless router allows it (most of modern router do) and turn off any 2.4Ghz based device around if you don't need it.

Mar 18, 2023
The 2.4Ghz frequency is saturated as it's used by many wireless devices.

Try to use 5Ghz wi-fi if your wireless router allows it (most of modern router do) and turn off any 2.4Ghz based device around if you don't need it.

The 2 computers in the room are running ethernet. 2 phones, an auto-feeder, and litter robot are on 5 Ghz. The keyboards, mice, and headsets are on 2.4 Ghz

TRENDING THREADS