Left Shift Key does not work properly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 29, 2018
I'm having a strange problem recently. My [9],[O],[L],[>] keys does not work properly when combined with the left shift key. These keys are working fine if pressed normally, but when I try to make them uppercase by pressing the left shift key, they don't properly work. However, if I press the shift key + press [O] key then release the shift key, that's the only time the letter is shown. In addition, the right shift key works just fine with these keys. What seems to be the problem with this one?

Expectation: Press shift key + any key ([9],[O],[L],[>]) = The pressed key will show

Current Situation Press shift key + any key = the pressed key does not show
Press shift key + any key + release shift key while holding the other key = The pressed key will show

Solution
Left and right shift keys are not the same key though the system may treat them the same.
Do you have any macro's setup for the left shift key that might be overruling its normal function?

Do you have another keybd to test with?

If you press L-Shift+L , what do you get?
If you get a lower case L then I would say the key switch has gone bad. In the case of a membrane keybd that means replacing the keybd. A mechanical keybd can often have switches replaced.

popatim

Titan
Left and right shift keys are not the same key though the system may treat them the same.
Do you have any macro's setup for the left shift key that might be overruling its normal function?

Do you have another keybd to test with?

If you press L-Shift+L , what do you get?
If you get a lower case L then I would say the key switch has gone bad. In the case of a membrane keybd that means replacing the keybd. A mechanical keybd can often have switches replaced.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS