[SOLVED] Left sides of RAM slots not giving display

hadiahmed29

Honorable
Feb 23, 2018
Hi so today i went buy a liquid cooler for my PC and the fans of the liquid cooler were not giving space to the rams installed below so i had to the left slots but they weren't giving any display so i had to switch it back to the right 2 slots and they were completely working fine.

Solution
You have to use slots A2 and B2 (grey color slots).
If some ram slots are not working, then you probably have bent/broken pins in cpu socket or
cpu cooler mounted improperly (giving too much pressure and causing improper contact for pins with cpu).

wpjc9mamk9gwz9mc_setting_xxx_0_90_end_1000.png

hadiahmed29

Honorable
Feb 23, 2018
If some ram slots are not working, then you probably have bent/broken pins in cpu socket or
cpu cooler mounted improperly (giving too much pressure and causing improper contact for pins with cpu).

Solution

hadiahmed29

Honorable
Feb 23, 2018

I'd have to check whether they work in A2 and B2 slots
It was my first time using these slots as i have since i built these it was always the right 2 ones i don't think the slots are damaged
But i'll check it

Jun 26, 2021
well if thats the case you were probably not getting the most out of the ram available so it will probably be beneficial for you overall as for the fitment issue don't rely on moving the critical components to make it work. if possible maybe buy a smaller sized fan its not ideal but it'll still be better than not having one. You don't have any other mounting options?