[SOLVED] Left stick of gamepad is affecting the right stick( z-axis and rotation)

Dec 7, 2019
I bought an Ipega PG-9068 in February, and I've been using it quite a few times since then. and issue cropped up last month where if you move both the right and left stick, and release the right stick, the left stick will start to move the right stick axes, as if you were moving both at the same time. the issue can become so bad that, the right axes can be moved to their full values randomly just by moving the left stick a bit. this occurs both in bluetooth mode and usb, on android and pc, so it's definitely not a driver issue. I've dismantled it and cleaned all contacts and sticks, and it still occurs. One way I can reset the axes is to move both stick in circles around in a random fashion, or connect with usb and move the stick randomly. that sometimes resets them, and they behave normally when you check on the windows controller tool. but the issue comes back when you play a game, and this moves the game camera randomly. I've also calibrated it multiples times on windows. Please what do you guys recommend. its a very good gamepad and I don't want to replace it.

Solution
If possible try and take the controller to a friends house and test it out there. To completely rule out an issue with connectivity but as you've mentioned the issue is more towards the controller meaning it's a build quality issue.

I suppose you would've been able to RMA the controller but since you've dismantled it, it's easily possible for the manufacturer or the seller to disclaim your warranty on grounds that your tampered with the controller.

Lutfij

Titan
If possible try and take the controller to a friends house and test it out there. To completely rule out an issue with connectivity but as you've mentioned the issue is more towards the controller meaning it's a build quality issue.

I suppose you would've been able to RMA the controller but since you've dismantled it, it's easily possible for the manufacturer or the seller to disclaim your warranty on grounds that your tampered with the controller.

Solution
Dec 7, 2019

Yeah, I could have returned, but the reseller doesn't offer warranty, and it was shipped in from outside the country. That's why I went ahead to dismantle it and try to fix it