legacy dirrect X wont install

May 22, 2018
i cant play meany games since dx9_38.dll is missing, the fix was always to use the windows dirrect x web installer but i just get an error saying check log and log says cannot install as it is allready installed. but there is no way to remove the dirrect X to try again. to make matters worse i lost the USB that had the windows 8 install on it.

Solution
Most games have a full directX installer in a folder so try running that and see if it installs.
You could also search for the dll online and copy it to your C:\Windows\System32 and C:\Windows\SysWOW64 folder,actually can you look if the dll is in those folders already?

Last resort if you don't trust online sites,do a windows install on a virtual PC and get your files from there.
Most games have a full directX installer in a folder so try running that and see if it installs.
You could also search for the dll online and copy it to your C:\Windows\System32 and C:\Windows\SysWOW64 folder,actually can you look if the dll is in those folders already?

Last resort if you don't trust online sites,do a windows install on a virtual PC and get your files from there.

Solution
May 22, 2018
none of it installs. i try installing from steam installers, from 3rd party installers steam just says installed but then game dosent open no error, non steam says error that .dll is missing. also i did the manual dll install but then it just keeps spitting another .dll this will take forever that way. why dose M$ not allow ppl to fully uninstall dirrect X in the first place incase get that allready installed crap error.

May 22, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from e1m8rex : "need .zip install of dirrect x"

like in another post i made a while ago i was sugested to use the .dlls to fix my dirrect x not installing problems http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-3709521/legacy-dirrect-wont-install.html. but now i know runescape sound not working and have no idea what DLL and lots steam games wont even say what .dll is missing so be nice to just have s /zip of the whole thing.

as in installin gdirrect X legacy is suppose to fix it but i cannot fully install dirrectX what DLLs do i need for sound in runescape?

TRENDING THREADS