May 19, 2022
Hello, I bought a lenovo legion 5 recently.
My question: Is hitting around 85C acceptable/okay and not harming my laptop?
Info that might help you understand my case.

Specs:
AMD ryzen 7 5800H, RTX 3060 (TGP 130 W), 16 GB RAM and SSD

When i game with this machine i generally see around 85 C for the GPU and CPU when playing apex legends, Tomb raider on max settings, etc. I generally play on balanced mode and use a cooling pad for the laptop when i game. The ambient temperature go around 35 C. I do not have any additional air conditioners in my room. Just have a ceiling fan.

I do not see any thermal throttling as such at all. Are the thermals in the acceptable range.

Aug 18, 2019

Specs:

When i game with this machine i generally see around 85 C for the GPU and CPU when playing apex legends, Tomb raider on max settings, etc. I generally play on balanced mode and use a cooling pad for the laptop when i game. The ambient temperature go around 35 C. I do not have any additional air conditioners in my room. Just have a ceiling fan.

I do not see any thermal throttling as such at all. Are the thermals in the acceptable range.

Yes sir! laptops CPU can reach 85c up to 100c, what I can suggest try to study about undervolting ur CPU totally helps the TEMPS lowering down.

Try repasting as well such Thermal Grizzly Hydronaut or look for a Paste that has high viscousity rating meaning sticky paste that wont cause PUMP out effect. or high risk high reward Liquid Metal.

Undervolting & Repasting is enough.

LeviTech

Commendable
Sep 27, 2021

Specs:

Does it report thermal throttling in hwinfo everytime you use your laptop because of temp spikes?

TRENDING THREADS