Legion Y530 boot failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 5, 2018
Hi I have lenovo legion y530 and I tried to remove the intel optane drive and install the samsung evo 970 ssd but when I did that it gave a boot failure. I tried to change the bios settings to legacy but it gave the same error. I am not sure whether its because of the change of bios settings not working properly. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Solution
If you removed your Optane drive, make sure you opened the optane manger in Windows to disable optane. After that you will need to either clone your hard drive to your ssd or reinstall Windows on the SSD.
Sep 5, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from tmantt19 : "help needed ot fix Legion Y530 boot failure"

hi i tried to install a evo 970 ssd after removing the intel optane drive but when i started the laptop it gives a boot error. i even tried to change the boot order but the bios is different from what i am used to. i tried changing the uefi to legacy boot but it still didnt work but in this case I am not sure whether that change was effective or not. Can some one help me. Thank you.

Oct 19, 2018
If you removed your Optane drive, make sure you opened the optane manger in Windows to disable optane. After that you will need to either clone your hard drive to your ssd or reinstall Windows on the SSD.

Solution
Oct 19, 2018

Usually it's just an option for the m.2 slot, to enable it for sata it NVMe drives. To disable optane you have to do it from windows

Maybe. Some BIOS setup utilities have a RAID/Intel RST w/ Optane option for the SATA function (e.g. AMI/Aptio setup utilities on Clevo systems).

Status
Not open for further replies.