Lego Finally Announces Minecraft-Themed Sets

Status
Not open for further replies.

one-shot

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]1% to charity?Still a lot of money, but couldn't they have done at least 5%?It just seems kinda insignificant.[/citation]

It's better than 0%

kinggremlin

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]1% to charity?Still a lot of money, but couldn't they have done at least 5%?It just seems kinda insignificant.[/citation]

1% is 100% of what they are making from this deal. That isn't enough? You can't please anyone these days.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
legos are horrifically overpriced. i would love to know the profit margin on them, because how much does it cost to fill a mold, and pop it out? i would still buy legos today if the price was anywhere close to reasonable.

generic 405 piece lego kit - 30$
generic 650 piece lego kit - 30$
10x10 lego mat = 10$

anyone ever play with legos here?
anyone really know what 1 405 lego bucket kit can build? basically nothing, you need at lest 2 of them to build anything interesting.

good thing we have digital programs now that are lego based, or even minecraft where its not lego exactly, but its close enough.

you know i would love to see a lego mmo like game... give players unlimited blocks and such, and give them a large but limited area to work with, but let them go as high or low as possible.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]legos are horrifically overpriced. i would love to know the profit margin on them, because how much does it cost to fill a mold, and pop it out? i would still buy legos today if the price was anywhere close to reasonable.generic 405 piece lego kit - 30$generic 650 piece lego kit - 30$10x10 lego mat = 10$anyone ever play with legos here? anyone really know what 1 405 lego bucket kit can build? basically nothing, you need at lest 2 of them to build anything interesting.good thing we have digital programs now that are lego based, or even minecraft where its not lego exactly, but its close enough. you know i would love to see a lego mmo like game... give players unlimited blocks and such, and give them a large but limited area to work with, but let them go as high or low as possible.[/citation]

I know what you mean... I'd buy lots of sets if they'd cost less. Cool-looking stuff can be made with them, but prices are ridiculous.

G

I don't understand why Lego haven't bought minecraft allready. Instead they tried with lego universe and failed

elcentral

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
[citation][nom]dadadedeto[/nom]I thought "It looks like Legos". I had a feeling it was a matter of time before this would happen.[/citation]

yes its the 100% of notch profit we arent complaning of him but the 70% lego get in proffit appart fron produsing etc

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]amk-aka-Phantom[/nom]I know what you mean... I'd buy lots of sets if they'd cost less. Cool-looking stuff can be made with them, but prices are ridiculous.[/citation]
sets i can kind of understand costing more, if you are talking about the just have enough for the bluprint made model kind, and not a generic set, but at the same time, they REALLY over charge the crap out of sets.

gogogadgetliver

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]legos are horrifically overpriced. i would love to know the profit margin on them, because how much does it cost to fill a mold, and pop it out? i would still buy legos today if the price was anywhere close to reasonable.generic 405 piece lego kit - 30$generic 650 piece lego kit - 30$10x10 lego mat = 10$anyone ever play with legos here? anyone really know what 1 405 lego bucket kit can build? basically nothing, you need at lest 2 of them to build anything interesting.good thing we have digital programs now that are lego based, or even minecraft where its not lego exactly, but its close enough. you know i would love to see a lego mmo like game... give players unlimited blocks and such, and give them a large but limited area to work with, but let them go as high or low as possible.[/citation]

Ebay, craigslist, garage sales etc. I've snagged a 25gal storage tub of them for $10, Got some extra gears-n-axles from the website, then added all that to a mindstorms I got for christmas.

gtvr

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2009
Minecraft's cut from this Lego product is apparently 1% of the proceeds from Lego. Notch says they are giving that to charity. He's not obligated to give a damn thing to charity, but he is giving away what could be a decent amount of money - all that he is getting from this promotion.

Clear enough now?

RADIO_ACTIVE

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]you know i would love to see a lego mmo like game... give players unlimited blocks and such, and give them a large but limited area to work with, but let them go as high or low as possible.[/citation]
Well there is Lego Universe, which is an MMO but it kinda blows... Minecraft is kinda like what you are talking about, maybe you should try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS