[SOLVED] Lenovo 320 UEFI windows installation problems and PCI communications controler

McClick

Honorable
Jan 31, 2016
Hi,
Recently I did a win 10 clean install on Lenovo Ideapad 320-15Iap. I noticed that even after all drivers installation and everything the PCI Simple Communications controller still report no driver in device manager. Now I don't know what this thing does but the only thing I haven't tried yet was installing windows again on UEFI.
I want to do this but the problem is the dam thing just doesn't want to cooperate. Every time I start installation starts I get "missing media driver..."
Tried everything there is on the net, downloading drivers, pluging flash in and out, different socket...
Nothing.
I am out of ideas. Does anybody know how to install on win 10 on UEFI with the dam thing???

I downloaded partition menager but if I switch the disk to GPT I am not sure I'll be able to boot it. And also not sure if there any worth doing it that way.

Hope somebody has an idea...

Solution
Don't think UEFI is involved. A device driver is missing.

You should contact that vendor to find the appropriate driver. You can determine the vendor of the device using the following steps:

Right-click on the entry in Device Manager and select Properties.
In the Details tab, there should be an entry such as PCI\VEN_1093&DEV_70B8&… This indicates the Vendor (VEN) and Device ID (DEV) of your device. In the above example, the VEN would be 1093 and DEV would be 70B8
Look up your device online at sites such as pcilookup.com .

You could contact Lenovo, they must have this error on many machines since you recently installed windows and the driver is missing.
Don't think UEFI is involved. A device driver is missing.

You should contact that vendor to find the appropriate driver. You can determine the vendor of the device using the following steps:

Right-click on the entry in Device Manager and select Properties.
In the Details tab, there should be an entry such as PCI\VEN_1093&DEV_70B8&… This indicates the Vendor (VEN) and Device ID (DEV) of your device. In the above example, the VEN would be 1093 and DEV would be 70B8
Look up your device online at sites such as pcilookup.com .

You could contact Lenovo, they must have this error on many machines since you recently installed windows and the driver is missing.

Solution