Lenovo 500s- 14ISK. Is this graphic card problem?

Jin P

Reputable
Dec 14, 2015
Last weekend, I installed Window 10 on my new Lenovo 500s- 14ISK ideapad. But when I leave it on and doesn't use it for about 30 min or so.. the screen turns dark and shows sometimes white screen with red black vertical lines (when I left the video clip played on and didn't use it for about 30 minutes or so) and today, after working on the MS Word file and left it for more than 30 minutes, it showed me black screen with a bit of noise on top and when I tried to type something.. it showed me similar white screen with vertical red and black lines. This computer is brand new and Lenovo is notorious for its bad customer service. I don't know what I should do. Do you think it's simply a driver problem? (but I installed the most recent driver from LEnovo's site) Thank you!

Solution
Hard to say. Personally, I am weary of installing the newest version of Windows on laptops unless the manufacturer explicitly states that my model has driver support for the newest OS version. When I google 'lenovo 500s', it states Windows 10 comes pre-installed. Was this not the case?

Your model does not have a dedicated graphics card, it uses the processor integrated solution. In this case, the Intel HD Graphics 520.

If the PC is new and no amount of driver wipes and workaround solve the problem, consider sending it in to Lenovo. Everything should still be covered under warranty. You could try uninstalling the intel graphics driver and let it reinstall itself and upgrade to the latest version.

spagalicious

Distinguished
Hard to say. Personally, I am weary of installing the newest version of Windows on laptops unless the manufacturer explicitly states that my model has driver support for the newest OS version. When I google 'lenovo 500s', it states Windows 10 comes pre-installed. Was this not the case?

Your model does not have a dedicated graphics card, it uses the processor integrated solution. In this case, the Intel HD Graphics 520.

If the PC is new and no amount of driver wipes and workaround solve the problem, consider sending it in to Lenovo. Everything should still be covered under warranty. You could try uninstalling the intel graphics driver and let it reinstall itself and upgrade to the latest version.

Solution