Lenovo and Tobii Demo Eye-controlled Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

caeden

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2009
really, they are going to bring this crap back?
Back when I was in middle school my class went on a tour of the Defense Language Institute out in Monterey California. It was a cool trip! They had us see all sorts of 'new and upcoming' technology and how they were planning to use this in the military. It was deferentially a military propaganda thing, but still a lot of fun, and one of the few things I actually remember from middle school. But one of the things they had was an eye controlled mouse. This was about 14 years ago! It is not advanced or new, it has just never caught on because sometimes we need to look at one thing while typing at another. Or we get easily distracted and glance off to another area. Anywho, I am sure they have improved upon the tech in 14 years, but I bet it will still be mostly useless.

NightLight

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2004
[citation][nom]vegettonox[/nom]Can you imagine first person shooters with this technology, it will literally replace the mouse.[/citation]

and with bionic eye implants I will have the right to yell CHEATER again!!

Pyroflea

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2007
As if people aren't fat and lazy enough as it is (me included of course), now you don't even need to go through all that difficult work of moving your arms!

Status
Not open for further replies.