Lenovo Announces Sub-2lbs Entertainment Tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.

wasabiman321

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2011
I would hardly call an OMAP 4430 powerful >_> Multimedia is supposed to include gaming right? Seems like this is just a glorified general use tablet with a focus on watching movies and videos. For the price it seems fair, but misrepresented, bad marketing IMHO.

[citation][nom]wasabiman321[/nom]I would hardly call an OMAP 4430 powerful >_> Multimedia is supposed to include gaming right? Seems like this is just a glorified general use tablet with a focus on watching movies and videos. For the price it seems fair, but misrepresented, bad marketing IMHO.[/citation]
Tablet gaming, NOPE!

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
Hmmm. The Dell tablet that we were told about was more powerful than this yet it was flamed. Why? Heaven knows.

Seriously, i mean people say that a SSD + 1.8GHz dual core Atom is under-powered but not this?

I mean hell i don't see a keyboard here either. This isn't a netbook, yet it's in the same price range. Shall i flame it?

That thing even had a user serviceable battery....

huron

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2007
I can't ever complain about manufacturers competing and driving the prices down for the consumer. Sure...this isn't high-powered, but I'd guess most users don't need anything too powerful anyway.

On a completely different note...I always wonder what the net loss or net gain is for these companies if products do not sell well...or in that same regard, what happens to the unsold products...

G

Considering that Lenovo showed the S2 10 at CES in January with an S4 Krait and 1280x800 screen this is a real let down. It's obvious that they are de-contenting this in order to match the iPad2 specs and beat it by $50 in price. This is what we get when Apple offers their old tech at a lower price. Their competitors are content just to match the lowest bar. Lenovo should be beating the ipad2 on both price and specs. $50 is worth diddly-squat to a potential Apple customer.

Status
Not open for further replies.