Lenovo Announces ThinkPad X1 Carbon Touch

Status
Not open for further replies.

victorintelr

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
I just bought a X230T, though I heard that lenovo quality in notebooks has decreased it is one of the few touch with Wacom laptops that are on the market. I'll give it a try. Wanted to get the Surfae Pro, but I want to connect it and need more than one USB port. Also, Why the heck are these specialized touch screen only with a low resolution, and Lenovo unfortunately is not the exception.

zloginet

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2008
I have the X220t with an i7 and multiptouch screen and I love it. I feel the resolution is perfect for the size of the unit and the display with the multi-touch works excellent. I do not have windows 8 on it yet but overall its a much more useful device then any standalone tablet.

gravewax

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]not dvd drive=fail[/citation]
personally I take the opposite view, why would any device (especially a highly portable one) waste space on a DVD drive nowadays, I don't even put them in my desktop machines anymore. The rare times they are needed you can dust off an external USB one, it is getting close to the stage where DVD drives are the new floppy drives.

halcyon

Splendid
^My Dell XPS15 (MacBook Pro clone-type-of-thing w/out-the-cost-and-great-MacBook-Pro-quality) manages to fit a BluRay drive in the very-very-slim chassis that I can't really see ever getting used...but its there just in case.

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
Sorry DVD/Blue-Ray drives are so impractical these days. I install everything from images or downloads these days even my OS installs of Windows are from ISO's.

Any movie I want to watch is in one digital form or another and if I come across something I want in digital format that I dont have then I will rip it myself.

Any ultrabook with a dvd/blue-ray drive is automatically out of consideration in my book.

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]halcyon[/nom]^My Dell XPS15 (MacBook Pro clone-type-of-thing w/out-the-cost-and-great-MacBook-Pro-quality) manages to fit a BluRay drive in the very-very-slim chassis that I can't really see ever getting used...but its there just in case.[/citation]
Say what you will but compare a MacBook Pro's QC to that of the Dell XPS 15 and you'd see. Dell is sending a 3rd unit to in an attempt to to get one that doesn't have dead pixels or "dust" behind the screen or stuck keys. A MacBook Pro might be more expensive but I've had several and have never had those type of issues. ...now I have a much better idea of what you're paying for. ...anyways.

G

I've now owned four Macbook Pros, and three of them had major issues within their warranty period. So, personally, I'm not convinced Apple's QC is much better than the competition's.

Status
Not open for further replies.