Lenovo Applet keeps trying to install after reboot

EquineHero

Reputable
BANNED
Oct 6, 2015
I downloaded a Lenovo applet after reinstalling Windows 7 to minimize the frustration of downloading drivers. It didn't work. After I installed it, the applet refused to work. I had to manually install drivers (which turned out to be more of a pain in my behind than if I had sat on a burning cactus). After the first few reboots I observed that the applet continued to try and install itself - after I had uninstalled it, as if I had just downloaded it again. It's from the official Lenovo site. Right now I'm installing 229 updates, so rebooting again right now is not an option. I used my CCleaner USB to try to remove it, wiped every temp directory on my drive, and it still tries to install. Are there any directories I'm missing? I checked AppData, %windir%\Windows\Temp and the Internet Explorer cache - even though Chrome was the first thing I downloaded after installing wireless drivers.

fabledareturn

Commendable
Sep 21, 2016
I would try typing in "msconfig" under the start menu and clicking the tab for startup and see if it is checked there if it is. uncheck it so it wont startup for now.

fabledareturn

Commendable
Sep 21, 2016
have you tried going Task Scheduler and click on Lenovo folder, there is a Lenovo Service Bridge folder and a scheduled task after user login. Delete the task