Question Lenovo B320 suddenly stop detecting SATA ports

Apr 12, 2020
Hello everyone.

I have a Lenovo B320 all in one pc. I was using it normally (OS windows) and suddenly the screen turn all blue. Then I restarted and appeared the error: "PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable. PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel Boot Agent" .

After searched on the web I restored BIOS factory setup and nothing. I also disconnected the Motherboard battery and re-connected, and nothing. Also tried with diferent BIOS configurations like "SATA: IDE" and "PXE Boot Agent: Dissabled", and other ones (different to the factory configuration), but also nothing. The HARD DISK boot option was always empty, no disk detected.

So I thought the hard disk (HDD) just died and decided to buy a SSD. After replacement of the new disk, the error message still appeared (-.-). I took both disks and try on my friend's computer and both disks run well. (here I took advantage of my friend's computer and installed windows 10 on the new disk).

I started think the problem was the Hard disk conectors (SATA or current feed). Current it's OK because when I plugg the HDD it sounds normally. At this point I noticed that CD/DVD was also not been detected by the BIOS, but I can open normally so the current feed is OK.

So the problem seems to be in the SATA ports. I don't know if the problem comes from the BIOS or from the Motherboard SATA ports. I tried to disconnect both SATA cables (HDD and DVD) and use only one, but nothing.

Please anyone can give me a hand. Thanks!