lenovo black screen with no pointer

lennin

Reputable
May 28, 2015
when my laptop (lenovo ideapad S215) was shut down yesterday it was still fine. but when i turned it on this morning all i can see is black screen, my laptop was on battery savers mode so after a minute the monitor goes to sleep when i try to touch the mousepad the laptop will light up but everything in the acreen is black :( need help!

Reyaz123

Admirable
Plug in your charger and keep hitting the enter key to wake up from sleep mode. Something else you can try is booting into safe mode, and changing the power options to remove sleep mode from there.

If none of this works, reseat your RAM and boot up

killakallies

Honorable
Jan 22, 2014
Does the screen light up at all or does it stay off while the rest of the laptop seems to be powering on?

Have you tried powering off the laptop, removing the battery, reattaching the battery, and then powering it on?

shai1

Reputable
Jul 12, 2015
Had a related problem with Lenovo laptop - on normal startup I got a black screen (although with pointer) while in safe mode everything was OK.

Tried different things mentioned in different forums which did not help until coming across the following article: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135. This one (with some little variation) worked.

Basically the idea is around switching to a selective startup via msconfig then changing the running services until identifying the problematic one. Many more details inside the article.