Question Lenovo Edge 72: possible upgrade or museum specimen

Oct 4, 2022
Hello!

I am wondering if an upgrade is possible, or it is time for my oldie to take its place in a museum.

So it is a Lenovo Thinkcentre edge 92 3387 mini tower with an MSI rx460 4gb. It can still run most games on a playable quality. However, I would love to push the limits and get the best out of this brick if possible. My power supply is 600 wt.

is it possible to buy a better graphics card, say, 6 or 8 gb and get a decent fps boost in games? Or my other guess is just transfer everything onto other board with pci 3.0?

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
My power supply is 600 wt.
Make and model of the PSU...? How old is the unit?

It's beyond it's useful life cycle at this point, considering that it's on a 2nd Generation Intel platform. Even if you did manage to solve the power issue with an aftermarket unit off the shelf, you won't get around the fact that the processor and platform will be limiting your GPU's performance.

Oct 4, 2022
Thank you for reply!

it is Aerocool VX-600 from approx. 2014 and CPU is i7-3770
also 1 ssd, 1 hdd and 2x4 and 2x8 ram

the issue is that the motherboard has a unique weird power port and I had to do some surgery to make it work together with PSU. Lenovo tried to make their built in psu non-replaceable. But I managed to solve that) right now I do not have spare power cords and if buying a card with additional power, I will have to do some solder magic again… as my MSI runs without add. power.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS