Lenovo Erazer X700 Gaming PC Review: Is It As Fast As It Looks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

larsoncc

Honorable
Nov 1, 2013
I won the $2550 computer featured in the Q3 SBM Marathon. I believe their scores using that system were 'slightly' hampered by fact that one of the 760s that was going bad. After RMA'ing the card, and using the same overclocks as featured in the SBM article, as well as moving the system to a high airflow case (Corsair Carbide Air 540) the 3DMark score is 19,100 (http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/7455484). Thanks Tom's!

chumly

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2010
wtf resolutions are you testing? How about 1440p? Hardly ANYONE uses dual/triple monitor setups because the framerate sucks so entirely and 99% of the people on the planet don't have $5k to throw at a gaming PC. you are wasting your time. give us SINGLE monitor configs, for the love of god.

HD 8XXX cards are rebranded 7XXX cards for OEMS to use for marketing, cause you know, uninformed Consumers love to think that larger number means better and that new products(despite not really being new) convinces them to buy it. an 8950 should be a rebranded 7950

SWEETMUSK

Honorable
Aug 27, 2013
the case is looking cool but,why they set the power at top?the power can't be hot it should set under the case and video card is not good

m32

Honorable
Apr 15, 2012
They could've put a R9 280x in it, but this isn't meant for the guys on this site. This is meant for sucke...... cough..... the average consumer.

djorgji

Honorable
Oct 7, 2013
How come the 3DMark score of the O/Ced Lenovo is lower the than the stock one? It seems to be loosing a lot in Physics score. Are you sure the CPU is not throttling?

joditas

Honorable
Feb 28, 2013
These OEMs make so-call "gaming PC" really need to know gaudy and oversized front bezel that take unnecessary space are the things of past. Without looking at some nice looking DIY computer cases out there, just take a look at design of next gen consoles. Those systems are used mainly for gaming yet they don't design their cases this way, why do these OEMs always think they have to design their "gaming PC" like this? What is more important are good cooling while keep noise own, preferably positive air pressure, practical features like easily removable dust filters for all intake fans, vibration cancelling fixture for HDD, and clean cable routing. The cables in this thing is a mess. I would say one thing good for the X700, the extra cooling for PWM is a nice touch.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
You got it. 1920x1080. I don't know anyone outside the company that owns a 1440p monitor.
Read much? It's in the article.
Thanks

Excellent! I see you guys have the thread well covered, thanks again!

So we have a 8950 (7950 renamed) and it's between the R9 270x and the R9 280x....hmmmm what a bunch of crap if you ask me. It should be called the R9 275x instead to fall within the "New" naming scheme (which is crap too, BTW).

Metalrenok

Honorable
Sep 6, 2013

Yeah I know, but you say Hyundai and I start thinking in asian cars lol

vertexx

Honorable
Apr 2, 2013
Overall looks like a half-assed attempt to make something that looks enthusiast with previous gen technology, under-power it, and wrap it in a plastic Darth Vader looking front. "Engine Start"? Please...

burkhartmj

Honorable
Aug 31, 2012

I imagine they're out there, but the only 1440p monitors I've ever seen in person are iMacs, and that's kind of irrelevant when reviewing a gaming PC. Most people either do 1080p [which they included], something close [like my precious 24 inch 1200p Dell] so that the 1080p benchmarks are relevant, or use multiple monitors.

Also, when you're talking about a 2500 dollar computer it only makes sense to spend serious coin on peripherals as well, especially monitors [whether it be multiple monitors or a 4K monitor], so I can believe that multi-monitor benchmarks would be relevant in this situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.