[SOLVED] Lenovo G460 RAM upgrade ?

Nov 21, 2021
Hello,

Newbie question, please help - I want to upgrade RAM on my old Lenovo laptop. It currently has 2 slots with 2GB RAM in each. Based on the specs it supports 2 x 4GB (DDR3 1066MHz).
When I opened the laptop back cover it says "1.5V DDR3 STD" on the RAM slot. I found Rasalas 8GB Kit (2 x 4GB) PC3-8500S 1067MHz 1066MHz DDR3 8500 PC3-8500 SODIMM RAM on Amazon that matches the existing RAM.
Is there anything else I need to check before buying. I don't quite know what SODIMM means or how to check the number of pins ?

I have attached the image of current RAM.

Apologies if this is obvious to figure out.

wB8DNAY.jpg

Thanks very much!

Solution
Hello,

Newbie question, please help - I want to upgrade RAM on my old Lenovo laptop. It currently has 2 slots with 2GB RAM in each. Based on the specs it supports 2 x 4GB (DDR3 1066MHz).
When I opened the laptop back cover it says "1.5V DDR3 STD" on the RAM slot. I found Rasalas 8GB Kit (2 x 4GB) PC3-8500S 1067MHz 1066MHz DDR3 8500 PC3-8500 SODIMM RAM on Amazon that matches the existing RAM.
Is there anything else I need to check before buying. I don't quite know what SODIMM means or how to check the number of pins ?

wB8DNAY.jpg

Thanks very much!
Go here and run the scanner.
You may need to click the...
Hello,

wB8DNAY.jpg

Thanks very much!
Go here and run the scanner.
You may need to click the flag at the top of the page.
Crucial

Reactions: Balit
Solution