Question Lenovo G460 USB ports not working [ Already tried everything ]

Feb 14, 2019
Hi everyone, I'm new to this site so sorry if this is not the right place to post this.

I have a Old Lenovo G460 that i formatted with Windows 7,all ports were working fine but after I formatted it I soon realised none of the USB ports are working, I looked all over the internet and tried everything but the ports are still not working, when I connect any USB flashdrive, USB mouse, my phone, you name it, nothing happens, not even a sound or a error message, I have already tried everything i could find on the internet but nothing has worked, here is what I tried so far:

1. Update the drivers
  2. Uninstall USB controllers in the Device manager and reboot the PC
  3. Change the power options of the USB root hub and the Windows plan settings
  4. Windows troubleshooting
  5. Scan for hardware changes in Device manager

All the drivers are up to date, here is how my device manager looks:

View: https://imgur.com/a/ggz8skN

please Help!
thanks in advance!

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
Go to the following link and expand the chipset drivers, download and install the one for Windows 7.
As it stands, if you used a Windows 7 installation media that is old enough, it will have trouble with installing any generic drivers for such things let alone be able to utilize them properly.

It's just an old and quite frankly not that great OS. At the time it was good but simply because we didn't have anything better from them yet.

Feb 14, 2019
not sure. could just upgrade the system to Windows 10. even if you have the i3 model, it'll be able to run Win10 well enough.
I had it in Windows 10 before i formatted it to Windows 7 and it wasnt working either, i thought the problema was the Windows 10 becuase this pc had originaly Windows 7 and I tried everything in Windows 10 too, so thats why I formatted it back to Windows 7

is there a way to check if the ports are dead in terms of hardware ? I already opened the laptop and i dont See nothing wrong in the ports visually