Question Lenovo G50-45 dead

ff1esta

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
Hello.
I have here a Lenovo G50-45 totally dead,i plug the charger and no light,nothing. First i check the charger, and after i realize that the middle pin is data and no power i checked again and seem ok. But when i plug it, i remove the back cover from the laptop and i check the connector and the voltage drops to 1volt. I suspect the charger is not good,but i have to wait until arrive a new one,because this rectangular ones i dont have another compatible.

And then i have another problem, i try to inject tension in the dc charger before i realize the middle pin is data,and i inject tension in middle pin,and im afraid to damage the laptop. Has anyone made the same mistake,or is it possible that there is nothing wrong? The behavior of the laptop after and before are the same,dead.

ff1esta

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
i will wait for the new charger and then i give feedback. My only concern here is if my tension injection in middle pin could have damage something.

ff1esta

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013
Hello.
The new charger arrived,and after i plug it, the board kills the charger, the green light turns off. I disassemble the laptop,and i notice immediately the over heat of the first mosfet. Testing with multimeter in diod mode,there is no connection between source and drain.
I think i precipitated buying the new charger, if i had disassemble the laptop i will notice immediately the over heat of that mosfet. Maybe i will keep the charger for myself, as the Lenovo chargers are unique, i will negotiate with client. Living and learning!!
I going to replace it and give feedback later.

TRENDING THREADS