Lenovo G50-70 won't boot after Windows 10 update

Jul 19, 2018
I have a Lenovo G50-70 and ever since an Windows 10 update it won't boot. I've tried booting through Windows media recovery tool USB to make a Windows 10 clean install but it says I have 0 space for partitions, so I can't complete the process. I've also tried changing from UEFI mode to legacy (it just restarts nonstop) and changing BIOS settings to default and factory settings in the BIOS menu. Still the same thing happens. The error window says "Default boot device Missing or boot failed." However the hard disk appears on the informations tab of the BIOS menu. What eles can I try?

Lutfij

Titan
Recreate your bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tool. In BIOS, set it to UEFI and have the USB installer as the primary boot device. You should be able to format and reinstall the OS on the partition you upgraded to Windows 10 prior.

See the post above. Correct answer. Except, I would back up all my data, preferably to a reliable cloud service like OneDrive, Drop Box, etc. and I would boot UEFI to my boot USB and I would delete ALL partitions on the SSD and start with only that connected and install windows fresh. after that, you can connect other hard drives.

Jul 19, 2018
I did exactly that but when I'm configuring Windows installation, a single Partition appears as "non alocated space in unit 0" with the size 0.0 MB. There's no option to exclude this partition nor formatting it, and I can't create a new one because it says the maximum size is 0.0MB, so I can't make the installation.