Question Lenovo G580 not starting up ?

dogester366

Reputable
Jan 2, 2018
I just got this Lenovo G580 in a laptop lot, and it won't turn on. When I press the power button, the power light comes on and the webcam light comes on, and they stay on. The fan spins for a couple seconds, then shuts off, then it turns back on, then shuts off again after a few seconds, then finally everything shuts off. The leds on are on throughout this entire process, until it finally fully shuts down after the fan turns on and off twice.

The battery works, and the led shows its charging when I plug it in. I've tried:

• different ram,
  • different ram slots,
  • with and without a cmos battery,
  • new fully tested and supported cpu,
  • connecting to an external monitor then pressing the power button with the internal screen cable connected,
  • connecting to an external monitor and then pressing the power button with the internal screen cable disconnected
  • turning it on with just the battery,
  • turning it on with the battery and power cable connected,
  • and turning it on with just the power cable and no battery.
  • I've also tried different mounting pressures on the cpu.
I'm using the exact voltage required by it too, so Im not giving it too much or too little. It does the same thing with other chargers too.

At first I assumed it was the gpu, so I looked over the board, and the only chip other than the cpu I could find was the chipset, so I figured the gpu is integrated into the cpu (i3-3110m), so I order another cpu. Same thing happens. I made sure the turning knob thing to lock the cpu was turned before I put the heatsink back on too.

I have no clue what is wrong with this thing

ASK THE COMMUNITY