Lenovo Gets Serious About Gaming With Y Series Laptops And Desktops

Status
Not open for further replies.

beoza

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
These don't look too bad. The Ideacentre tower actually looks pretty decent, it's not over the top like some cases can be, and I like the carbon fiber look on the front panel. Would be nice to see them offer some different accent colors besides the over used black red scheme.

Pedasc

Reputable
Mar 12, 2014
I would take the Carizzo over the Skylake-U laptop any day.

Better drivers, better efficiency, better iGPU performance.

From the looks of this they are using discrete graphics on both laptops. I don't think either iGPU could be used in a "gaming" laptop.

These don't look too bad. The Ideacentre tower actually looks pretty decent, it's not over the top like some cases can be, and I like the carbon fiber look on the front panel. Would be nice to see them offer some different accent colors besides the over used black red scheme.

Agreed. Lenovo has got some pretty nice pre builts now.

Intel999

Honorable
Jan 13, 2015
I wonder why the AMD offering is priced $150 more than the Intel Skylake/NVIDIA option. Especially, considering that the Intel machine has a more expensive screen.

Is Carrizo in such high demand that AMD has pricing power? Seems unlikely. Or is this Lenovo's solution to the industry mandate issued by Intel which is "I don't care what you have to do, but you do what you have to do to make sure our tech sells better"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS