Question Running both integrated and dedicated GPUs or two dedicated GPUs on a Lenovo H50-50 ?

Jul 31, 2021
Hi, i wanted to ask if it is possible to use integrated and dedicated GPUs at the same time, or if i can use nvidia gforce gtx745 gpu with some pci-e x1 gpu on my lenovo h50-50 computer (cpu: intel core i5-4460).
(My goal: more monitors)
I thank you in advance for your help.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Does your prebuilt have a discrete GPU in it(out of the box)? Are you asking if you can add another GPU to your platform? If so, please parse the KSU to your prebuilt or if that impossible, list the specs to your existing prebuilt.

As for your question about suing the onboard and the discrete, if your processor has an iGPU and the rear I/O of the motherboard(on the prebuilt) has display outputs, you should be able to connect one or two displays off it the motherboard's display outputs(depending on how many ports you have on the motherboard) while you can plug other displays to the discrete GPU, provided you have a discrete GPU.

Reactions: Level3301
Jul 31, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Does your prebuilt have a discrete GPU in it(out of the box)? Are you asking if you can add another GPU to your platform? If so, please parse the KSU to your prebuilt or if that impossible, list the specs to your existing prebuilt.

As for your question about suing the onboard and the discrete, if your processor has an iGPU and the rear I/O of the motherboard(on the prebuilt) has display outputs, you should be able to connect one or two displays off it the motherboard's display outputs(depending on how many ports you have on the motherboard) while you can plug other displays to the discrete GPU, provided you have a discrete GPU.
Thanks for your answer!
Yes, i have discrete GPU (in PCI-e x16 slot) and already using two monitors. And also have onboard/integrated GPU (don't know how it is called... ).. There is hdmi and vga connector on the motherboard, but when i connect a monitor to it nothing shows up (no video). I wonder if i can use discrete GPU and for other two monitors use iGPU (the ports that are on motherboard). I tried switching the GPUs in bios, but i could only use one of them...

Please let me know if it is even possible.

Hi, i wanted to ask if it is possible to use integrated and dedicated GPUs at the same time
Yes. It should be possible (depending on available options in BIOS).
, or if i can use nvidia gforce gtx745 gpu with some pci-e x1 gpu on my lenovo h50-50 computer (cpu: intel core i5-4460).
Yes. That's possible too (if you can find such pcie x1 graphics card).

Since your objective is to use more monitors, just connect them to the discrete gtx745.
It supports 3 displays, HDMI,Dual link DVI, and VGA
For non fast action gaming use, side monitors are no impediment to performance.

As an alternative to multi monitors, consider one of the new wide monitors.

Jul 31, 2021
Since your objective is to use more monitors, just connect them to the discrete gtx745.
It supports 3 displays, HDMI,Dual link DVI, and VGA
For non fast action gaming use, side monitors are no impediment to performance.

As an alternative to multi monitors, consider one of the new wide monitors.

Unfortunately my gtx745 supports only two monitors...

TRENDING THREADS