[SOLVED] lenovo idea pad microphone warning !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over a year ago i set this up and the first 2 things i did was cover the camera lens with the slider and turn off the micro phone.
Today i was about to do a customer service call with a well known high street retailer so i pressed the microphone button and the symbol did not appear on screen , i then checked microphone in windows sound settings ...... it was showing as on so i spoke and the level slider showed it picking up my voice.

I turned the microphone setting off and tried to turn it back on with the dedicated f4 button , i went back to the sound settings and it was still showing as off so i turned it on so i could do the service call.

So you may be asking whats the point of this post , well for the past year i was under the impression it was turned off !

Imagine this senario , somebody installs something on your machine without you knowing , next , you or your partner reads aloud the numbers of your bank card and you did not know your microphone was on.

several years ago i knew something was wrong with a pc as it suddenly slowed right down but i could not find anything , i got a program called spysweeper way back when it did not have anti virus built into it.

Within seconds it found some keyloggers , if this happens to you and your microphone is on you could be in big trouble.

GO CHECK YOUR MICROPHONE SETTINGS NOW THEY COULD BE ON WITHOUT YOU KNOWING.

Status
Not open for further replies.