Question Lenovo Idea Pad S500 Touch

Oct 12, 2019
Hello boys and girls!! !
Just want to say sorry if this been addressed before, or has been solved, apologies in advance. I have been through the forum trying to find an answer to my question, and atm I haven't found it.

Sometime back I started hearing clicking noise with HDD, so without thinking I took my laptop straight to shop and had HDD replaced.
Everything does work absolute fine, a part from if my PC starts acting up or if I will need to (which I want to do) windows reinstall, when I try to access windows repair keeps saying that partition is damanaged/ files missing. I believe no hidden recovery partition was ever moved on to the laptop although it does show partition with recovery through disc management.
What I wanted to ask, I still have the old HDD and it still works, and I can access all files on it, but before it goes to bed completely, I really want to get all of the files from it. I was wondering if I connected the old HDD can I boot from it!? and then will it be possible to access windows repair and reinstall windows on the new HDD installed inside laptop right now ? Or is that a weird idea?
I have looked at cloning but it seems like the HDD inside laptop atm already stores some partitions, and it seems like it'd be a mess since its not empty/new one.

Sorry for all this blah blah, just hope you guys could help me or send me into right direction.
Thank you everyone in advance! 🙏💝

manistar

Prominent
Oct 12, 2019
So, if understand you - you want to save your data from old HDD?
If yes, so you can connect the old one HDD to some PC, where have you installed some OS on the other HDD, and you'll be able to browse your old HDD (if it's not dead), and move files to new HDD. On new HDD I recommend you install new - clean OS, no cloning

Oct 12, 2019
So, if understand you - you want to save your data from old HDD?
If yes, so you can connect the old one HDD to some PC, where have you installed some OS on the other HDD, and you'll be able to browse your old HDD (if it's not dead), and move files to new HDD. On new HDD I recommend you install new - clean OS, no cloning

I want to get my recovery files, because atm I cannot fix repair or reinstall windows on the new HDD inside the laptop.

manistar

Prominent
Oct 12, 2019
I want to get my recovery files, because atm I cannot fix repair or reinstall windows on the new HDD inside the laptop.

So, you have installed OS on new laptop and it crashed? In this case made installation again (guide here for win), assuming if you haven't got some files on it, which you want to keep. If yes, connect HDD to some PC and copy files, if isn't partition with files damaged.

Oct 12, 2019
Well I was wondering if I booting up, from old HDD and then cloned it to new HDD already inside laptop?
Laptop haven't crashed its working, butinstead of getting OS reinstalled all over if it did die, I wanted to have recovery as I did on old HDD if you know what I mean 🙈