Question Lenovo Ideacentre B500 Memory Issues

Mar 27, 2019
Working on a Lenovo Ideacentre B500. It has 2 - 204 pin DDR3 SO-Dimm slots, processor is a Q8400s (Desktop CPU) w/1333 mhz fsb but the board has 2 x 2gb Micron DDR3 1066 in it.
I tried, each individually and seperate, a GSkill DDR3 1333 2 x 4gb kit, Micron 2 x 4gb DDR3 1600 kit, SK Hynix 2 x 4gb DDR3 1600 kit.
None of them will post.
It power cycles on a blank screen over and over unless the stock memory is in it. The stock memory isnt enough and all of the sticks I have can run at 1066 so I just dont get it.
Also, the original sticks are 2 x 2gb Micron so the fact that my micron kit won't work is a real head scratcher. Any ideas ? Maybe it's a bios thing ? It's got an G41T-LAIO V1.0 that I believe is made by ECS (So far it looks like it but not 100%) so I'm not sure how I'd find a newer bios. The Lenovo site is pretty much empty on this model.
Any help,this is replacing my daughters A6 4455m laptop, and she needs this. Shes 7, plays Minecraft, Broforce, Stickfight and Skyrim. This would be an ok upgrade so I really need to get 8gb into it. I've read conflicting info regarding this. Crucial says it's 4gb max but doesn't say total so is that per slot? Meanwhile a user from another forum I read said he had 8gb in his.
Please help!

Mar 27, 2019
After some thorough searching it's either a low density thing that g41 chipsets deal with or they went cheap on the board and didnt run enough lines for more than 4gb. I'm ordering 256 x 16 4gb modules. If it works great, if not I have to sell this machine along with my daughters old laptop to upgrade her. This is so sad that a company would be so cheap as to not provide an upgrade path for memory in a machine that has a 64 bit quad core and ddr3 memory. So sad.

TRENDING THREADS